The Business Advisory Council (”we”, “us”, “our”) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
The Business Advisory Council recognises the importance of safeguarding personal information. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
What information does The Business Advisory Council collect?
We are committed to our obligations under the Act relating to collecting personal information. In order to provide our Services, it is essential we collect and process some personal information.
The information we collect can include:
- Information you provide when you sign a business up to the Aotearoa NZ Skills Pledge via the online form.
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and the resources you access.
Encryption protection is managed with an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate, industry standard 128bit encryption software.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and actions, and does not identify any individual.
How does The Business Advisory Council use your information?
We may use your information:
- To identify your business as a business taking part in the Aotearoa NZ Skills Pledge
- To contact you in the future in regards to support and information on the Aotearoa NZ Skills Pledge and other business recommendations from the report
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- To ensure the secure and proper operation of our websites;
- For internal research purposes;
- For any other use you authorise;
Sharing your information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it.
We may use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose only if the secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection.
When necessary and in connection with the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Information technology providers, including hardware and software vendors and consultants such as programmers, for the development or delivery of our Services only.
- Customer research organisations, solely for the purpose of service improvements, however, not for direct marketing purposes.
- Sharing Aotearoa NZ Skills Pledge signup companies with government officials.
You are entitled to obtain confirmation from us that we hold personal information about you and can request access to the personal information by contacting us. In some circumstances, we are able to deny your request for access to personal information. If we deny your request, we will tell you why.
If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask for it to be corrected. If we decline to correct the information, you may request a statement is attached to the information that a correction was sought but not made.
Personal Information Storage
We will endeavour to store personal information on secure servers and encrypt any passwords and transactions details you provide to us. We will use every security precaution reasonably available to us to maintain the security of your personal information. However, there are risks inherent in transmitting and storing data online. As such, we cannot guarantee data sent or stored electronically will be secure, and any information provided to us is at your own risk.
We will endeavour to contact you if any security breaches compromise the security of your personal information.